Author Topic: School Time!  (Read 2032 times)

Kelly Marie

• doTERRA Wellness Advocate
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • doTERRA
School Time!
« on: August 21, 2014, 09:11:38 AM »
What is your go to for school germs and the dreaded lice  :-\? I normally apply On Guard twice a day and added drops of Melaleuca to my daughters shampoo to repell lice. I'm worried I'm not doing enough!!!

robynholly

• View Profile
Re: School Time!
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2014, 01:59:31 PM »
Hi!
There are so many great ones, but the first one that comes to mind is Thieves. It's a must have for going back to school or even play dates. I put a couple drops on my son's feet before school and within 20 minutes it has reached all the cells in his body helping to ward off germs. I diffuse it when he gets home too so all the airborne germs are killed off as well. Rosemary is awesome for lice problems.  :)

mamamolly

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2015, 01:01:08 AM »
Peppermint oil for lice. Tried and true!
For my dogs, I use cedarwood or tea tree. They don't like peppermint. I also have used a fungicide blend that worked great, and kept fleas & ticks away too.

Joya Essentials

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2015, 12:34:23 PM »
Here  is an article for Back to School and the most effective oils to keep our kids healthy -

http://us10.campaign-archive1.com/?u=c83a97115498fb91d9a54a859&id=849e63ad49&e=%5BUNIQID%5D 

Joya Essentials

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2015, 12:36:27 PM »
Siberian Fir
Frankincense
Palmarosa
Lemon
Orange
Diffusing any of these essential oils in your child's bedroom at night can help build their resistance and stimulate their immune function to stay healthy.
The more you implement essential oils in your lifestyle, the more you will start to notice the difference.  I have seen the difference in my own children in the last couple of years.  My two little ones rarely get sick, but when they do, they recover rather quickly, mostly within 2 days.
Try mixing together any of these essential oils by adding 2-3 drops of each oil directly in a diffuser.  Siberain Fir, Frankincense and Orange go really well together. Palmarosa and lemon are a good combo as well.

Joya.