Author Topic: Can anyone recommend for eye bags?  (Read 1849 times)

Slparker

• View Profile
Can anyone recommend for eye bags?
« on: April 22, 2015, 06:36:58 AM »
Hello :)

I am new to essential oils, learning more and trying out has become a new hobby!

Oils seem to be able to treat / improve most problems!

The one thing that gets me down is the bags under my eyes....does anyone know of any oils which can help with dark cirles and puffiness?

Thanks x

~The Little Oil Lady~

• Essential Oilaholic
    • View Profile
Re: Can anyone recommend for eye bags?
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2015, 12:40:41 PM »
Hey there, Slparker!

IMO, the best oils for skin (especially for the face) are carrier oils.  Carrier oils have high nutrient profiles and nourish your skin and keep it healthy and moisturized. 

My favorite carrier oils include Avocado.  Avocado oil is moisturizing and may promote cellular regeneration.  I also like hazelnut, which is high in vitamin A, B and E.  Evening primrose oil is wonderful for the skin as well.  You can take a vitamin E capsule and break it into your regular face lotion for extra nutrients!

As for essential oils, I would pick from lavender, lemon (1 drop), and carrot.  Please remember that the skin on the face, especially around the eyes is fragile, so stick with small dosage/dilution.   Stick with 1 - 1.5 % dilution rate.  For a 1% dillution rate use 2-6 drops of essential oil per ounce of carrier oil.  For a 1.5 dilution rate use no more than 9 drops of essential oils per ounce of carrier oil.

Hello :)

I am new to essential oils, learning more and trying out has become a new hobby!

Oils seem to be able to treat / improve most problems!

The one thing that gets me down is the bags under my eyes....does anyone know of any oils which can help with dark cirles and puffiness?

Thanks x
Exploring Aromatherapy