Author Topic: Flea/Tick Spray a/o Collar Soak Recipe  (Read 4007 times)

Kelly Marie

• doTERRA Wellness Advocate
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • doTERRA
Flea/Tick Spray a/o Collar Soak Recipe
« on: April 28, 2014, 02:12:29 PM »
I posted a wonderful oil chart for bug repellents the other day. I've started seeing a lot of posts here and there about ticks/fleas. While it's (somewhat) easy to find ticks on our bodies, we often forget about our four legged family members! You can use these recipes for a flea/tick spray or you can soak your dogs collar in this solution!

You'll need:
    4 oz spray bottle
    and/or bowl (for collar soak)

Your choice of oil - 20/30 drops (you can mix a few together):
    Lavender oil
    Peppermint oil
    Eucalyptus oil
    Lemongrass oil

Directions for spray:
    Add/mix 20 drops of oil(s)
    Shake well before each use
    Spray a coat on your dog (avoid eyes, nose, & mouth)
    Apply every two weeks, or as needed

Directions for collar soak (same oils as above - 30 drops in 4 oz of water, mix oils desired):
    Soak collar in oil solution for 15-20 minutes
    Let collar dry completely before putting it back on the dog
    Soak every two week

As for removing a tick from your dog, I've heard success stories with peppermint and oregano. Thankfully, we haven't had to worry about ticks for awhile with our pups! If you have a success story with using oils to remove these pests please share it in the comments!!

****Some say these can be used on cats, but I've read several articles that say cats have certain reactions to oils so I personally wouldn't recommend this for them****

deedeemcgee3

• View Profile
Re: Flea/Tick Spray a/o Collar Soak Recipe
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2016, 01:17:40 PM »
NAMASTE AND THANK YOU. MY ROTWEILER GREATLY ATTRACTS TICKS BECAUSE OF HIS MUSK. I WILL TRY YOUR RECIPE TONIGHT AND HOPEFULLY BRING HIM SOME SOLACE