Author Topic: Should I use essential oils in the shower? How?  (Read 2010 times)

Matt18

• View Profile
Should I use essential oils in the shower? How?
« on: January 13, 2016, 03:41:18 AM »
Do you use essential oils in the shower? How often? What is the best way to use or diffuse in the shower? What benefits does it provide?

lucyheart

• View Profile
Re: Should I use essential oils in the shower? How?
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2016, 03:47:17 AM »
Same question.....  :-[

Joern

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2016, 02:46:33 PM »
Hello,

I use a base shower gel preparation and add my favourite essential oils to it. I love peppermint EO in the morning to kick start the day, a combination of EO when I have muscle pain after gardening or my children have a cold I will extra dilute EO into one portion of Base Shower Gel. It is fantastic and we never end up with loads of different shower gel bottles half used as you get bored of the same smell. Base preparation are also available as hair shampoo and conditioner. The sky is the limit.

Joern :)

michellewhitney34

« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2017, 09:31:36 AM »
Hi, the Shower Steam Inhalation method is a favorite of mine and the first method of application I began using! I generally put a few drops on a damp washcloth and place it near the bottom of the floor, letting the water hit it slightly. It evaporates and leaves this wonderful scented aroma, which I personally love. It depends on which oil you want and which benefits you are looking to achieve. These are the oils I have tried in my shower so far and the benefits I had received from them....I hope this helps you!

Rosemary: Uplifting, energizing, and smells wonderful! Do not use this oil before bed, as it might keep you awake. I know I have learned my lesson with this oil before bed time, in any application, it kept me awake all night long!

Lavender (any type): Very relaxing, calming, and a stress reliever. Use this oil before bed, to get a great night's sleep! I love the scent of Lavender, one of my favorites!

Sleep Blend: This oil smells awesome!!! Just like Lavender, only it is a blend of about five different oils and it promotes ultimate relaxation and will put you right to sleep! I had the best sleep ever when I used this a few weeks ago, and it is also really luxury in a hot bath! I had to get out, because I thought I was going to doze off, lol.

Peppermint: This oil smells just like the candy, it makes you want to just eat it! It worked awesome with shower inhalation and as a direct bottle inhalation. It helped rid a nasty migraine I had a few weeks ago, very invigorating and cooling!

Grapefruit: This has the same properties as Rosemary. Very fruity and wonderful scent! Uplifting property.

Lizzy

• View Profile
    • Essential Oils for Skin Care and Aromatherapy
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2017, 03:46:04 PM »
I Love essential oils in the shower.  I combine stuff in a spray bottle and spray on the wall and breathe in the steam.  My favorite is lavender and eucalyptus.  For some basic recipes and blends try https://essentialskinoils.com/

matildaeric

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2018, 03:12:01 AM »
You can use Essential oil in shower. Which has many benefits. You can start your day with stress free.