Author Topic: Does this sound like a good recipe for an all-purpose face oil?  (Read 790 times)

tjs1980

• View Profile
Does this sound like a good recipe for an all-purpose face oil?
« on: September 03, 2016, 02:31:14 PM »
Hi folks,

I want to create an all-purpose daily face oil.  So basically what I mean by "all-purpose" is mild acne/rosacea, mild-to-moderate acne scarring and pitting, hyperpigmentation, basic anti-aging, wrinkles, stuff along those lines.  And I'm really new to essential oils and so I don't know how much the various oils need to be diluted.

So, here is what I am thinking:  Rosehip seed oil for the carrier, and for the essential oils helichrysum, frankincense, sandalwood, lavender, tea tree. 

So what do you all think of this plan?  Is it overkill? How much carrier oil would I need to use? Have I included multiple oils with similar effects, so it would be redendant to use them both?  Should I use another carrier besides Rosehip?  I am eager for both specific suggestions and general rules of thumb.  I especially need help with how many drops of each oil to use.

And I am a guy, if that makes a difference.

Thank you all very much,

TJ

logansandre

• View Profile
Re: Does this sound like a good recipe for an all-purpose face oil?
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2017, 11:49:16 AM »
Maybe choose another carrier oils? Not sure about rose being a good idea, naybe olive or coconut?