Author Topic: How to diffuse essential oils before waking up?  (Read 699 times)

jd4

• View Profile
How to diffuse essential oils before waking up?
« on: September 19, 2017, 12:41:15 AM »
I found the essential oil alarm clocks and think it is a great idea. But I can't find any that are available in Canada that allow you to start diffusing the oil 30 minutes or so before the alarm goes off. I purchased an outlet timer for my current diffuser, but it doesn't work because the diffuser shuts off when the outlet is "turned off", so then doesn't turn on when the timer goes and the outlet "turns on".

I want oils to start diffusing 30 minutes before I need to wake up. Anyone have any suggestions?

j_harris12

• View Profile
Re: How to diffuse essential oils before waking up?
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2018, 07:41:20 AM »
I'm also looking for something similar. I'm wondering if there are any diffusers that have a built-in timer. I've never seen any like this, but I'm going to keep looking. I used to run a diffuser all night but I read in this article https://fulfilledwellness.com/how-to-use-essential-oils/ that it's not good to run it for more than 30-60 minutes at a time.

nlm

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2018, 07:35:03 PM »
Several years back, my husband bought me a clock with a diffuser built in.

Instead of a snooze alarm, which it also had, but it would turn on a small light bulb to heat the oil in a bit of water in the small built in dish at the top right at 30 minutes before the alarm would go off.

Maybe try e-bay for diffuser alarm clock? Surely they are still around. I think we picked it up at a local Walgreens or CVS around Christmas.

Best wishes in your acquisition.

matildaeric

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2018, 07:40:16 AM »
Some oils that I love to diffuse are
  • Peppermint and Lemon for a natural wake me up
  • Frankincense for a spiritual uplift
  • Grapefruit or Orange oil to boost my mood
  • Lavender or Peace & Calming to relax me and the kids at night